Additional Fun and Educational Resources for...
- Cabarrus Health Alliance Network of Care Services Directory, provides detailed information on a variety of services available in Cabarrus County relating to public health, nutrition education, disease prevention and treatment, crisis services, and even research opportunities in the area.
- Start Smart & The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc. brings together all the people involved in a young child's life - families, teachers, doctors, caregivers, social workers, and many others - to ensure every child has all they need for healthy growth and development.
- The First 2,000 Days is an initiative of the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation. NCECF is raising awareness about how children’s earliest years have a lasting impact on later learning, health and success and calls attention to how these issues impact our national security, safety and economic well-being.
- EatRight makes available great resources for kids, parents and seniors.
- ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and the food industry to help consumers build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency in state government responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well being of all North Carolinians.
- Eat Smart, Move More, your source for tips and information to help you eat smart and move more everyday!
- The Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC) is a leader in on-line global nutrition information.
Other Fun Stuff
- Village Park, located just a hop, skip, and a jump from the NC Research Campus, features a double-decker carousel, a train ride through the park, a splash pad, several playgrounds, picnic shelters, and access to the greenway which leads to more playgrounds at Bakers Creek Park.
- Discovery Place, located in Charlotte, NC, is one of the leading hands-on science centers in the country. Discovery Place offers visitors the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in a fun, interactive and informal setting.
- Lazy 5 Ranch, located in Mooresville, NC, is a unique educational experience for people of all ages. You can experience domestic and exotic animals from six continents including giraffe, zebra, buffalo, cattle, sheep and lots more. Come feed the animals!
- At ImaginOn, young people learn in many ways, through all five senses and "from the page to the stage." It is the launching pad for remarkable journeys and endless possibilities. It is located in Charlotte, NC.
- Sky Zone, located in Pineville, NC, is the world’s first indoor trampoline park. We’re the inventors of “fun fitness” and the makers of trampolines as far as the eye can see. We are dedicated to providing you with the pure joy that comes with flying. We are sky lovers, thrill seekers and people who believe that jumping is freedom. We believe fitness can be fun and play can be smart. We are healthy and bursting with energy. We fly high and keep it safe.
- Cannon Memorial YMCA offers three convenient locations in Kannapolis, Harrisburg, and West Cabarrus. The Y seeks to strengthen the community by providing a wide range of activities for people of all ages, incomes, and abilities. Such activities include summer camps, adult and child fitness classes, aquatics, and sports.
- National Institute on Aging - Links to information about how seniors can get quality health information from online.
- Tips from the National Institute on Aging: This document provides info on fun ways to be physically active.
- What's On Your Plate - Smart Food Choices for Healthy Aging.
- Young at Heart: Healthy Eating & Physical Activity Across Your Lifespan
- A Good Night's Sleep: National Institute on Aging, Age Page.
- VIDEO: National Council on Patient Information and Education: Take Your Medicines Safely
Other Fun Stuff
- The SilverSneakers Fitness® program is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events. There are 40+ locations around the Charlotte area. Find the one that's closest to you!